CMSgt. Todd A. Hunt is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 179th Airlift Wing, Mansfield Lahm Airport, Ohio Air National Guard. Chief Hunt is the principal advisor to 179th Airlift Wing commanders and senior staff on matters affecting training, promotion, retention, education, professional development, readiness and welfare for more than 800 enlisted Airman assigned to the 179th Airlift Wing.
Chief Hunt joined the Ohio Air National Guard in March 1984 as a Security Police Specialist. He served in various positions within the Security Forces Squadron from 1984 until 1993. Chief Hunt graduated from The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, in 1988 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural Resource Management. He transitioned to the 164th Airlift Squadron in 1993, where he began his career as a C-130 Loadmaster. He upgraded to Instructor Loadmaster in 1998 and Evaluator Loadmaster in 2000. In 2007 Chief Hunt was selected as the Loadmaster Chief Enlisted Manager for the 164th Airlift Squadron and was promoted to the rank of Chief Master Sergeant in January 2009. In February 2013, he was selected as the 179th Operations Group Superintendent.
Chief Hunt has deployed numerous times in support of Operation Southern Watch, Noble Eagle, Coronet Oak, Joint Forge, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Freedom Sentinel, and Inherent Resolve. He is also a C-130 Evaluator Loadmaster with more than 5,400 flying hours, including 900 combat flight hours in the C-130H and C-27J aircraft.
1984 Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1987 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, by correspondence
1988 Bachelor of Science, Natural Resource Management, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
1997 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
1998 Loadmaster Instructor Course, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
2003 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2015 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2015 Associate Degree Aviation Operations, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I & II Course, by correspondence
1. June 1984 - July 1984, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. July 1984 - September 1984, Security Forces Tech School, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. October 1984 - September 1993, Security Forces Specialist, 179th Airlift Wing, Mansfield, Ohio
4. September 1993 - August 1998, C-130 Loadmaster, 164th Airlift Squadron, Mansfield, Ohio
5. September 1998 - April 2000, C-130 Instructor Loadmaster, 164th Airlift Squadron, Mansfield, Ohio
6. April 2000 - December 2006, C-130 Evaluator Loadmaster, 164th Airlift Squadron, Mansfield, Ohio
7. January 2007- February 2013, Loadmaster Chief Enlisted Manager, 164th Airlift Squadron, Mansfield, Ohio
8. February 2013 - October 2019, Operations Group Superintendent, 179th Operations Group, Mansfield, Ohio
9. November 2019 – present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 179th Airlift Wing, Mansfield, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Medal with 7 Oak Leaf Clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal 1 Oak Leaf Cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with 10 Oak Leaf Clusters
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with 7 Oak Leaf Clusters
Iraq Campaign Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon/Gold Border with 5 Oak Leaf Clusters
Rating: Loadmaster Instructor/Evaluator
Flight Hours: 5400
Aircraft Flown: C-27J, C-130E, C-130H/H2/H3
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Ohio National Guard Enlisted Association
Air Force Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Staff Sergeant Apr. 1, 1988
Technical Sergeant Jan. 1, 1990
Master Sergeant Mar. 1, 2002
Senior Master Sergeant Jan.1, 2007
Chief Master Sergeant Jan. 1, 2009
(Current as of September 2019)