Chief Master Sergeant Edward N. Taylor III is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 179th Airlift Wing, Mansfield Lahm Air National Guard Base, Mansfield, Ohio. Chief Taylor is the principal advisor to 179th Airlift Wing commanders and senior staff on matters affecting training, promotion, retention, education, professional development, readiness and welfare for more than 800 enlisted Airman assigned to the 179th Airlift Wing.
Chief Taylor entered military service in 1990 with the Ohio Army National Guard as an Aircraft Armament technician on the AH-1S Cobra Attack Helicopter. He later joined the Air National Guard in 1999 as a KC135R crew chief. His extensive background includes maintaining multiple airframes and the application of technically safe and sound aircraft maintenance practices. He leads effective teams and develops airmen. Very instrumental in joint diversity and inclusion initiatives as a facilitator and speaker.
Chief Taylor has participated in Operations DESERT SHIELD, DESERT STORM, JOINT FORGE, NORTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM and INHERENT RESOLVE. During these operations, he has participated in various levels of joint operations and leadership functions, to include; Crew Chief, Quality Assurance Inspector and the 380th Air Expeditionary Wing - Wing First Sergeant. Most recently Chief Taylor served as the Senior Enlisted Leader, Task Force Central Nomads for OPERATION STEADY RESOLVE.
1993 Army Primary Leadership Development Course, Camp Ball, LA. – Class President
1995 Army Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course, Camp Ball, LA.
1997 Six Sigma Black Belt, General Electric, Stamford, CT.
2005 USAF NCOA, McGee Tyson, TN – Commandant’s Award winner
2009 USAF First Sergeants Academy, Maxwell AFB, AL.
2011 USAF Senior NCOA, Correspondence Course 2013 ANGC 4Lenses, March AFB, CA.
2018 CCAF Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- January 1990 – April 1999, AH-1S Aircraft Maintenance, Co. D 1/137th North Canton, Ohio
- May 1999 – August 2005, Isochronal Inspection Section. 121st ARW / MXS, Rickenbacker ANGB, Ohio
- September 2005 – August 2009, QA Inspector, 121st ARW / MXG, Rickenbacker ANGB, Ohio
- December 2008 – April 2009, QA Inspector, 379th AEW / EMXG, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
- September 2009 – March 2015, Wing First Sergeant, 121st ARW / WSA / OG, Rickenbacker ANGB, Ohio
- May 2010 – July 2010, First Sergeant, 90th Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron, Incirlik, Turkey
- April 2012 – Oct 2012, Wing First Sergeant, 380th AEW Al Dalphra Air Base, United Arab Emirates
- September 2014 – November 2014, First Sergeant, 506th EARS, Anderson AFB, Guam
- April 2015 – October 2015, QA Chief Inspector, 121st ARW / MXG, Rickenbacker ANGB, Ohio
- November 2015 – April 2019, Avionics Superintendent, 121st ARW /MXS, Rickenbacker ANGB, Ohio
- January 2017 – Aug 2017, Flight Chief, 379th AEW / EMXS, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
- May 2019 – April 2020, Branch Chief, 121st ARW / AMXS, Rickenbacker ANGB, Ohio
- May 2020 – December 2022, MXG Group Chief, 121st ARW / MXG, RIAP, Ohio
- December 2022-Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 179th Airlift Wing, Mansfield, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one device
Air Force Achievement Medal with two devices
Meritorious Unit Award
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Ohio Commendation Medal with one device
Ohio Faithful Service Ribbon with 3 devices
Ohio Special Service Ribbon
2005 USAF NCOA CMS Paul Langford Commandant Award Winner
2011 121st First Sergeant of the Year
2013 Young Astronauts program Serviceman of the Year
2021 Robert Boggs Leadership Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Master Sergeant 1 Jun 2007
Wing First Sergeant 1 Sep 2009
Senior Master Sergeant 1 Aug 2012
Chief Master Sergeant 1 May 2019
(Current as of Jan 5, 2023)