Colonel Patricia L. Barr is the 179th Airlift Wing (AW) Mission Support Group Commander, Mansfield, Ohio. As the Mission Support Group Commander, she is responsible to ensure all Citizen-Airman are highly qualified to execute Federal, State and Community Missions.
She joined the 179 AW in November 1983 as a C-130B Aircraft Mechanic assigned to the 179 AW Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron. In August 1986, Col. Barr transferred to the Aircraft Maintenance Squadron as a crew chief on C-130B with the 139th Airlift Wing (AW), St. Joseph, Mo. She received her commission as a 2nd Lt. in September 1993, as the Aircraft Maintenance Officer. In April 1994, she changed careers to the logistics field as a logistics officer and became the Wing Installation Deployment Officer. Col. Barr's first command position was the 139th AW Aerial Port Squadron Commander, in December 2003. From January 2009 till January 2014, she served as the 139 AW Logistics Readiness Squadron Commander until she was selected as the 179th AW Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Commander. February 2015, she was appointed the Maintenance Group Deputy Commander holding that position until assuming her current Command.
Col. Barr graduated from Missouri Western University in May 1990 with a Bachelor of Education degree. Later that fall she obtained full time employment as a dual-status military technician, initially as a C130B Crew Chief, then as the Wing Logistics Plans Officer and finally as a Logistics Readiness Officer. She has participated in Operations DESERT SHIELD, DESERT STORM, SOUTHERN WATCH, JOINT FORGE, CORONET OAK, NOBLE EAGLE, and ENDURING FREEDOM. July 2011, she deployed as the 405th Air Expeditionary Group Logistics Readiness Squadron Commander at Thumrait Air Base, Oman. Throughout her career she has been elected by her peers to serve on various Air National Guard field advisory groups to include War Planners, Logistics Planners, Air Transportation and the Logistics Readiness Executive Committee, as both a member and as elected Chair and Vice Chair positions. Col. Barr was selected as the 139 AW Officer of the Year in 2002 and was the sole recipient of the 139 AW John B. Logan Award for 2003.
1990 Bachelor of Education, Missouri Western University, St. Joseph, Miss.
1993 Air National Guard Academy of Military Science, McGee Tyson, Tenn.
2000 United States Air Force Squadron Officer's School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 United States Air Force Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 United States Air Force Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. November 1983 - August 1986, Aircraft Mechanic, 179th AW, Mansfield, Ohio
2. August 1986 - September 1993, Aircraft Mechanic, 139th AW, St. Joseph, Miss.
3. October 1993 - March 1994, Aircraft Maintenance Officer, 139th AW, St. Joseph, Miss.
4. April 1994 - July 2005, Wing Logistics Plans Officer, 139th AW, St. Joseph, Miss.
5. December 2003 - July 2008, Aerial Port Squadron Commander, AW, St. Joseph, Miss.
6. July 2005 - January 2009, Logistics Readiness Squadron Operations Officer, 139th AW, St. Joseph, Miss.
7. January 2009 - January 2014, Logistics Readiness Squadron Commander, 139th AW, St. Joseph, Miss.
8. July 2011 - January 2012, 405th Air Expeditionary Group Squadron Commander, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Thumrait Air Base, Oman
9. January 2014 - February 2015, Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Commander, 179th AW, Mansfield, Ohio
10. February 2015 - March 2016, Maintenance Group Deputy Commander, 179th AW, Mansfield, Ohio
11. April 2016 - present, Mission Support Group Commander, 179th AW, Mansfield, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two devices
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with three devices
National Defense Service Medal with one device
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three devices
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
AF Overseas Short Tour Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Air Force Longevity Service with six 6 devices
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 2 "M" devices and hour glass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
Louisiana Emergency Service Medal
Missouri Commendation Ribbon with one device
Missouri NG Desert Shield/Storm Service Ribbon
Missouri NG Expeditionary Ribbon
Missouri NG Long Service 20 Year Ribbon with one bronze Hawthorn Cluster
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
National Guard Association
Ohio National Guard Officer Association
Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Life Member
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sep. 30, 1993
First Lieutenant Oct. 30, 1995
Captain Feb. 2, 1998
Major Jan. 25, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 27, 2007
Colonel May 15, 2015
(Current as of June 2016)