HomeHomeFact Sheets

Fact Sheet Search

Fact Sheet Alphabetical List

  • History of the 179th Airlift Wing

    The 164th Fighter Squadron was formed and federally recognized at Mansfield Municipal Airport on 20 June 1948 due to the far- sightedness of community leaders. The community leaders formed an advisory committee chaired by Colonel Alan P. Tappan (owner of Tappan Stove). Their objective was to locate an Air National Guard Unit in Mansfield,
RSS

179AW DVIDS

Link to 179 DVIDS

179AW Social Media

179th Facebook link179th AW Flickr link179AW Twitter link179 AW Instagram link179 AW YouTube link

Important Links

ContACTS

Phone directory button

Link to the Air Force siteLink to AMCLink to ANG

Link to Military 1 SourceLink to vMPF

Link to Environmental Managementlink to Family ProgramsLink to 200 REDHORSE